Saturday 4 May 2019

Hello there!

It's high time that i publish some photos of my first ever exhibition in May last years. I've not been all bad though, I did publish a few pics from the event on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ArtbyJenniferGessler/, just been too much of a perfectionist with editing the photos to put on the blog. Anyway, here it goes.


I was quite nervous before the exhibition, it being my first and all, but my nerves quickly calmed when people, friends and family started popping by to browse my work. I was more than happy, and a bit surprised, that I managed to sell a total of eight paintings (!) during the weekend. I had expected maybe one or two paintings to be sold, but eight was beyond my expectations and made me very happy. 😊


"Blå sirener" - "Blue sirens", 102*79 cm, made in 2005

This was actually sold before the exhibition even started, bought by a childhood friend of mine who had had her eye on it for some time.

A fun fact about this painting is that I was inspired by a big blue towel that I hung up to dry and from the light that fell on it I imagined three blue women. A bit strange, but inspiration can come in any shape and whenever you least expect it. 

"Blue sirens" was my first ever oil painting and turned out to be fun and challenging work. I do wonder what the teacher thought when I announced this big project back then.


This was the quick sketch I made after my "towel vision". Quite a big step from that to the finished painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment